MISS BERKS COUNTY AND MISS GREATER READING
Miss Contestant Application and Forms
Forms available soon!
2018 MBCSO Potential Contestant Letter (Word .docx)
2018 MBCSO Application (Word .docx)
2018 MBCSO Fact Sheet Instructions (Word .docx)
2018 MBCSO Fact Sheet - Miss Contestants (Word .docx)
2018 MBCSO Critical Issue Instructions (Word .docx)
2018 MBCSO Talent Request Form (Word .docx)
2018 MBCSO Children's Miracle Network Information (Word .docx)
2018 MBCSO Program Book and Sponsorship Form (Word .docx)
2018 MBCSO General Information - Miss Contestants (Word .docx)
2018 MBCSO Competition Checklist - Miss Contestants (Word .docx)
2018 Local Contestant Contract Fillable (Adobe .pdf)
To download the Microsoft Word files to your computer either left click and choose either "Open" or "Save" or right click and select "Save Target As." If you "Save" or "Save Target As" remember the folder to which you have saved the file so you can open the it later. If you open the Microsoft Word file, you can save it when you have finished working on it or looking at it. If you click on one of the Adobe Acrobat files it will open in either Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader provided you have one of them installed on your computer. If you do not have either installed, Adobe Reader is a free download by clicking the link below.
AGE | Contestant must meet the following requirements:
- Contestant must be at least 17 years of age AND at least 18 years of age on the first day of the State competition to compete in the current pageant season.
- For avoidance of doubt, 18-year-old high school juniors or sophomores, but not a graduating senior, must compete at MAOTeen.
- Contestant can be no older than 25 years of age as of December 31, 2018.
RESIDENCY/WORK/SCHOOL | Contestant must satify at least one (1) of the following requirements:
- Contestant must prove she is a Pennsylvania resident for the six (6) month period preceding the local pageant date OR
- Contestant must prove she is a full-time employee in Pennsylvania for the six (6) month period preceding the local pageant date OR
- Contestant must prove she has successfully completed at least on semester as a full-time (at least 12 credit hours) student and be presently enrolled and attending classes on a full-time basis at an accredited college or university in Pennyslvania. Also, no more than six (6) months may have elasped between the completion of the last full-time semester attended and the beginning of the next full-time semester to be attended at a college or university in Pennsylvania.
MISS BERKS COUNTY | Contestants must meet the following requirements:
- Contestant must prove she is a Berks County resident OR
- Contestant must prove she is a full-time employee in Berks County OR
- Contestant must prove she has successfully completed at least one semester as a full-time (at least 12 credit hours) student and be presently enrolled and attending classes on a full-time basis at an accrediated college or university in Berks County. Also, no more than six (6) months may have elapsed between the completion of the last full-time semester attended and the beginning of the next full-time semester to be attended at a college or university in Berks County.
Miss Contestants are selected based upon five areas of scoring:
- Interview: 25%
- Lifestyle & Fitness in Swimsuit: 10%
- Talent: 30%
- Evening Wear: 15%
- On-stage Question: 20%
There is no entry fee for Miss Contestants. Miss contestants must simply raise a minimum of $100 for the Children's Miracle Network (CMN). If a contestant has competed in other local pageants of the 2017 season, $400 makes a contestant eligible for all local pageants for that competition year. Donations are made through the contestant's registration on the MissAmerica4Kids.org website.
The Crown Plaza Reading is the preferred hotel of the Miss Berks County Scholarship Organization.
Call the hotel directly at Toll Free 1-877-814-2538 to make your reservation today!
Group Name: Miss Berks Pageant
Group Code: BKP
Daily rate: $92.00 +tax, room & tax only
Available dates: March 02 - 04, 2018
Cutoff / Release Date: February 23, 2018 **Please make your reservations prior to this date to insure availability of rooms and discounted rate.
Guests may also make online booking reservations HERE